Q: How do I create my website?
A: In addition to managing your facility, Unit Trac offers a public website to every customer. A custom website puts your facility on the Internet and is managed through your Unit Trac account. Pricing, contact information, open unit counts - all of this is kept up to date seamlessly.
See a sample custom website here.
Q: How do I set up my custom site?
- Purchase a domain from a domain registrar (e.g. GoDaddy.com). A registrar can help you find a domain that is not already owned by someone else.
- If using GoDaddy, click on your domain and go to DNS > Manage Zones and point your domain to our servers. Your registrar should provide a way to edit your domain's "zone file."
- Point the A record "@" to 220.127.116.11
- Add or update the CName record "www" to myunittrac.com
Once you've completed these steps, it's also easy to personalize your website with your logo, facility photo and announcement messages.
To upload your files, go to Business > Document Library.
Next, go to Business > Settings > Public Website and you can select which files you would like displayed on the website as well tagline, theme and more.
We suggest turning on the "Site Announcement" and using this area to describe your business. Visit acmeunits.com for examples.
- Describe the type of storage that you offer.
Variety of storage unit sizes available for:
Household goods; contractor equipment; vehicles, boats, snowmobiles; holiday decorations and other seasonal items; furniture and appliances during renovation or remodeling projects and more.
- List your city and a few of the cities/towns that are nearby your location as this will help when someone is searching online for storage.
Serving Morton, Washington, East Peoria and the surrounding area. Locally owned and operated.
For some added tips on getting customers to your website click here.
Your website is now working hard to get you more business.